Friday, November 25, 2016
By Carkhabri Team
Driving Habits That Could Damage Your Car
While going out for long drive with your friends you would listen few of friends speaking lot of things about their driving skills and expertise, in-fact sometimes they would have even exhibited the same in front of you also for instance driving car above the speed of 100 km/h and then suddenly stopping without shaking your body.
Well, no doubt how expert and skilled they must be in driving but still there are certain common habits which are almost performed by all of us but they remain unrecognized and slowly-slowly start damaging the car and also diminish its performance. So, now the question arises that how you will come to know that whether do you also follow those worst driving habits or not, we are pointing few driving factors focusing on which will help you in assessing your driving skills to huge extent.
1. Accelerating the cold engine: There would be hardly anyone who does not love to accelerate his car for three to four minutes before leaving for office in the morning. At that time the sound of engine makes you feel proud for going to your office in personal car. But, do you know this practice of accelerating continuously might result in damaging the engine components. This might surprise you, but it is the fact while your car is parked the oil do not circulates across the pipeline and other components, but once you switch on its ignition it hardly take two-three minutes for oil to circulate throughout the components. If you accelerate your car forcefully every morning to enjoy the sound of your car the engine will have to forcefully transit the oil through different components.
2. Keeping your hand continuously on gear shift: There are lots of people who have habit of keeping their hand on gear shift knob even at the time when they do not need to shift gear at its desired position. Well, normally it seems as a habit but the fact is that keeping your hand regularly on gear knob results in damaging and synchronizing transmission bushings resulting damage of gear lever. To get rid of this problem it would be better to keep your hands strictly on steering wheel and change gears only at the time of need.
But in case if you have an automatic car then you do not need to have change gears manually and every operation is conducted automatically.
3. Roughly and stopping the car: This practice is commonly witnessed in youths who in desire to grab attention of others and in desire to exhibit their driving skills and efficiency of controlling their car in front of their friends, suddenly apply brakes as soon as they reach to their destination. If you also have this habit then it would be better to control you habit because doing this regularly results in putting additional pressure on tyres and brakes of your car.
4. Pressing clutch even when it is not required: It is one of the common problems found in persons have car with manual gear transmission system. But, do you know that even when you have moved your foot from clutch, still there is some pressure which does not leave the clutch and keeps it pressed. Pressing the clutch even when it is not required damages the clutch plate, bearings and pressure plate. The idol driving practice to control such damages is to press the clutch only when it required or changing gears.
5. Driving car with low fuel: Do you know an interesting feature of cars that are running now days on roads, the fuel in cars of today’s generation have fuel tank placed at the beneath of car for keeping it cool. If you think that the fuel in car is not appropriate for driving, fill the fuel as soon as you see a patrol pump on your way, because driving car with low fuel heats the fuel pump and it will start consuming fuel at fast speed. It will be better to keep the fuel tank of your car filled at-least to half of its capacity.