Tuesday, October 06, 2015
By Carkhabri Team
Know A to Z Terminologies of Your Car Before You Buy It: Part 3
Hope you would have found information shared with terminologies associated with cars in Part 2 of our series beneficial for you and would have surprised to know their relevance while buying your dream car. Today also we shall be focusing on such terms about which you would have almost heard but have never understood their significance while purchasing a car.
1. Bhp: In simple terms bhp refers to horsepower of engine before power loss that generates as an impact of gearbox, water pump, alternator, muffled exhaust system, power steering pump and various other elements. Here it would be important to mention that bhp developed by petrol and diesel engines differs from each other. To calculated bhp of your car you would be required to multiply the amount of torque generated by an engine during its RPM.
2. Ball Joint: A joint comprising of ball and socket installed between steering and suspension system.
3. Booster Seat: A specific seat determined for children who are quite healthy and could not sit properly on seat determined for children.
4. Bore: Diameter of engine cylinder and is related with length related with piston stoke.
5. Brake Caliper: Hydraulic piston unit that is used for holding disc braking pads.
6. Brake Shoe: The curve shaped element installed on drum brakes. Shoe brake is pushed by wheel cylinder towards brake drum.
To know more about interesting terms stay tuned with carkhabri.com!!!