Monday, June 27, 2016
By Carkhabri Team
Know A to Z Terminologies of Your Car Before You Buy It: Part 7
In our last blog related with car terminologies with your car which you should keep in concern, we discussed the terms associated with Alphabet “E” today we will move ahead in the series and discuss terms related with alphabet “F”.
1. Four-Wheel Drive (4WD): The driving option that transits power to both front and rear axles, making it easier to drive wheel comfortably on sand dunes without any discomfort.
2. Fog lights: The kind of powerful headlights mounted normally before headlights, offering clear vision to driver during foggy nights.
3. Four-Wheel Steering: It is a type of vehicle in which the front and rear wheels turns according to the movement of steering wheel. In this system the rear wheels turn at a smaller angle as compared to front wheels which turn on wider angle.
4. Fan Belt: Sends power from crankshaft to engine fan and other parts of vehicle.
5. Fifth Wheel: Plays an important role while the car is being towed by another vehicle.
6. Firewall: The most important part of your car made from metal acting as a strong wall of protection between engine and passenger section of your car.
7. Fuel Injection System: Forwards fuel to the cylinders of engine with an electronic control system.
8. Fuel Injector: An electronic valve that transfers sufficient amount of fuel with pressure to all parts of combustion chamber.
9. Fuel System: it is one of an important system of your car which is mainly divided into two parts (1) carburetor system and (2) fuel injection system. The carburetor system allows the vacuum creaed by the engine to forward fuel and air towards engine. Whereas the working of fuel injection is explained above in point 7.
10. Fuel Cell: Is basically a type of fuel tank mainly developed on formula racing cars and is placed at the rear portion of driver.
11. Frame-off restoration: It is type of process in which all parts of car are separated, cleaned and if necessary replaced with new parts. It also includes the cleaning of engine and its replacement if it indispensable.
12. Forced Induction: This system blows the gas in engine for enhancing the speed of vehicle with help of turbo or supercharger.
13. Fender: T he portion of car that falls between the both sides of bonnet, between front bumper and edge of front door.
14. Flywheel: It is type of disc that is mounted the rear portion of crankshaft.