Tuesday, December 29, 2015
By Carkhabri Team
Top 10 Interesting Facts about the Rolls-Royce
The name of Rolls-Royce has fascinated car enthusiasts of all age groups across the world from many decades. The name is recognized as symbol of power, comfort and speed merged in a single unit and therefore, as soon as someone takes the name of the Rolls-Royce, an image of super car emerges in mind of every person. In-fact, it would not be wrong to say that the number of car enthusiasts dreaming to drive the Rolls-Royce is not restricted to only few numbers but, would be in millions throughout the world. But, interestingly there would be hardly anyone who must be having complete information about the origin of Rolls-Royce and the history associated with it. Therefore, going through the craze of car lovers towards the car brand, we are making an attempt to bring some interesting facts associated with the brand and which might help in enhancing their knowledge about their dream car.
1. The history of Rolls-Royce dates back to 1906 when it was founded jointly by Charles Stewart Rolls and Frederick Henry Royce. At the beginning, it was an airplane and car manufacturing company. The first car developed by the auto-maker was Silver Ghost which ran continuously non-stopped for 24,000 kilometers.
2. Later in the 1971, the company got itself nationalized by government of United Kingdom. In 1973, the company got itself separated with name of Rolls-Royce Motors and continued as nationalized company till 1987 when it was named as Rolls-Royce Plc.
3. The cars manufactured by company for global marked are empowered with 2,3 and 4 cylinder engine configuration. However, the first car manufactured by company was empowered 10 hp engine, which was integrated in opened roof car of company. Today, you can witness the company’s state of art in form of Rolls-Royce Ghost Series-II, which is embellished with remarkable and incredible features.
4. The picture of lady carved on bonnet of Rolls-Royce cars with open arms is indicating as desire to fly, is inspired by “Spirit of Ecstasy” symbolizing the love of Lord John Walter towards the Cecil Victoria Constance.
5. The erstwhile, cars developed by British car maker were recognized for their eye-catching and luxurious interiors but, now they are also recognized for their powerful performance. The recent launch of the Rolls-Royce Wraith by car maker is energized with 6.6 litre V12 engine, touches the mark of 100 kmph in the span of 4.6 seconds followed by the top notch of 250 kmph.
6. Company’s initiative “Palace on Wheels” is undoubtedly a master piece developed by it. The car is equipped with fleet of luxurious features, interestingly the special edition of Phantom Metropolitan is offered with picnic table making it joyous for second row passengers enjoy their meals while traveling.
7. It would be interested to know that all the owners are renowned celebrities from different fields. Once, the car maker refused to sale its car to his Highness Jai Singh, (Ruler of Alwar dynasty in Rajasthan) because of his common dress. Insulted by this, the King later on purchased six cars from the company and used them for cleaning the streets of his city. When this news reached to company, they enquired about all the facts and when the real picture came in front of them, they apologised from the King for their mistake. Use of Rolls-Royce cars for cleaning streets has adversely affected their prestige.
8. Talking about the Wraith, it would be interested to know that car has around 1500 fiber lamps mounted its interiors (on the roof), giving the feeling of occupants like they are sitting under the shining stars.
9. Moving ahead, it would be interested to know that Wraith is also equipped with Satellite system facilitating the driver to know about the route through GPS system.
10. The engine configured in Rolls-Royce cars is still developed manually even in today’s scenario.
Along with these, one more interesting fact about the Rolls-Royce cars is that, one can't buy these cars by only money, his/her prestige and other things also matters to own the car.
We hope, these top amazing facts about the Rolls-Royce would have succeeded in getting you more close to your dream car. The facts revealed by us are facts which our team has collected, if you also know some more please do let us know in the comment section below.