Tuesday, December 17, 2013
By Kamal Swami
Expected attractions of auto industry in 2014
Despite of decline in sales and increasing competition in Indian car market all major car makers are making new strategies to strengthen their roots in market either by launching new cars or by launching facelifts of their highly appreciated cars with additional features keeping in concern the requirements of generation next in concern. It would be interested to know that regular announcements regarding new launches and facelifts of their car from car makers has created curiosity among car enthusiasts towards these upcoming cars. At present following cars can be considered as highly awaited card during the coming year 2014.
1. Datsun Go: In current scenario segment of hatchback cars in highly on demand especially after recent launch of Hyundai Grand i10 from Korean car maker Hyundai Motors, car makers feel huge potential of growth in hatchback segment of cars. Following the same trend Datsun, subsidiary of Nissan Motors is going to launch its first hatchback Datsun Go in Indian car market at an affordable price range falling between Rs.3, 50,000 and Rs. 4, 00,000. It will be powered with three cylinder 1.2 litre petrol engine generating the power of 76 PS and torque of 104 Nm. In simple words it can be said that this hatchback has been designed keeping in looks and comfort features adhered in all existing hatchbacks in current scenario.
2. New Honda City Diesel: Honda City from Japanese car maker is one of the highly appreciated vehicles from company. Inspired from its success this year company unveiled the diesel variant of this car during November this year. An interesting feature of this car is that it has been designed according to expectations of generation next in concern. It will be launched in both petrol and diesel variants. As it is for first time that company is introducing Honda City in diesel variant it will be equipped with 1.5 litre i-DTEC diesel engine churning the power of 98 bhp and torque of 200 Nm. It is coated with five speed manual gearbox. The diesel engine is same which is present in Honda Amaze launched this year and which succeeded in receiving an overwhelming response from customers. On the other side the petrol variant will be carry the same 1.5 litre i-VTEC engine producing the power of 116 bhp and torque of 146 Nm. This is the same engine which exists in current variant of Honda City in petrol. It will be available in both five speed manual and automatic gearbox system.
3. Maruti Suzuki YL1: India’s leading car manufacturing company MSIL has decided to discontinue SX4 sedan from 2014 and will introduce a new sedan at its place which has been codenamed as YL1. It will be launched in both petrol and diesel variants. The petrol variant will be empowered with 1.4 litre K-Series engine developing the power of 93 bhp and torque of 130 Nm and will be mated with five speed manual transmission system, however its top end model will also be available in automatic transmission system. On the other side diesel variant will be equipped with 1.3 litre turbocharged multi jet engine developing the power of 90 bhp and torque of 200 Nm.
4. Facelift Renault Duster: Launch of Duster from Renault received an encouraging response from customers and set a new benchmark for upcoming MPV’s in Indian car market. With an objective to continue its craze among customers company is going to launch facelift of Duster in Indian car market during 2014. These facelifts will be introduced on the exteriors and interiors as far as engine configuration is concerned it will continue the same 1.6 litre petrol engine generating the power of 102 bhp and torque of 145 Nm. on the other side diesel variant will be equipped with 1.5 litre diesel engine available in two options of power development on developing the power of 84 bhp and torque of 200 Nm and the other one churning the power of 110 bhp and torque of 240 Nm. The petrol variant and diesel variant developing power of 84 bhp are covered with five speed manual gearbox and the diesel model generating power of 110 bhp will be equipped with six speed manual gearbox.
5. Honda Mobilio: The new MPV from Japanese auto giant will be launched in both petrol and diesel variants. The diesel variant is expected to carry 1.5 litre turbocharged diesel engine developing the power of 100 PS and torque of 205 Nm, the same engine is configured in Honda Amaze sedan. The engine of petrol variant has been carried from other sedan from Honda Motors, Honda City, i.e., 1.5 litre i-VTEC engine.
6. Hyundai Grand i10 Diesel AT: Inspired from the success of Hyundai Grand i10 hatchback this year, Korean car making company Hyundai Motors sometimes back launched the automatic version car in petrol variant. Now it is reported that company may also introduce automatic version of diesel Grand i10 in coming year. The company will continue 1.1 litre three cylinder diesel engine developing the power of 70 bhp and torque of 160 Nm, it will be covered with four speed automatic transmission system.
7. Mercedes Benz S Class: Recognized as one of the best luxurious cars throughout the world, German car maker is going to launch the new version of Mercedes Benz Class with some interesting additional features which are miles ahead from its existing versions. In India its parts will assembled through CKD route. In European car market it will be offered in three variants S350 Blue TEC which will be energized with 3 litre diesel V6 engine churning the power of 258 bhp and torque of 620 Nm, S500 blessed with 4.7 litre V8 engine developing the power of 455 bhp and torque of 700 Nm and 3.5 litre gasoline hybrid variant developing the power 3.6 bhp and torque of 370 Nm.
8. New Hyundai Santa Fe: The Santa Fe SUV from Korean maker did not succeeded in receiving the expected response from Indian years even about six years after its launch. Now it is speculated that company may introduce the facelift version of Santa Fe with refreshed look in the upcoming Indian Auto Expo 2014. It is expected to continue the same 2.2 litre diesel engine which prevails in existing models of Santa Fe in market.
9. Tata Nano Diesel: Tata Nano from home grown car manufacturing company received mixed review from Indian buyers and did not succeeded in enjoying the success which was speculated before its launch. And therefore to strengthen its roots in Indian car market where at one side Tata Motors launched the CNG variant of Nano in Indian car market, now it is reported that company will launch the diesel variant of Nano in 2014. The diesel variant will be equipped with 800 cc turbocharged diesel engine developing the power of 42.9 bhp and delivering an average of 30 kmpl.
The above mentioned cars are highly awaited cars from major car makers apart from this various other car makers are also deciding their strategy for 2014. To know more about upcoming cars stay tuned with carkhabri.