Wednesday, December 18, 2013
By Kamal Swami
Luxurious cars making their way to Indian Auto Expo 2014
The organization of Indian Auto Expo has always attracted all major car makers to display their upcoming vehicles in front of audiences as compared to Auto Expo shows organized in different corners of world from time to time. The main reason for this attraction is that all major car makers find huge potential of growth in Indian car marker and Indian Auto Expo provides them suitable platform to display their vehicles and know feedback from customers. The upcoming Indian Auto Expo 2014 is not an exception to this and it is expected that organizers will not leave any mistake in making this an unforgettable event. It is expected that along with showcasing facelifts and new models of mass segment cars, various luxurious car makers will also unveil their forthcoming cars during the event. Let us have a look on expected luxurious cars ready to explore their shine on platform of Indian Auto Expo.
1. Audi A3: The German car maker is excited to introduce its compact sedan Audi A3 in Indian car market hopefully by next year. It has been reported that Audi A3 has been witnessed being tested on Indian roads and it is speculated that company will unveil the vehicle during the auto expo. Company will launch Audi A3 in both petrol and diesel variants with two engine options. The petrol variant will be offered with 1.4 litre and 1.8 litre TFSI engine, whereas diesel variant will be available in 1.8 litre and 2.0 litre diesel engine.
2. Mercedes Benz S Class: Mercedes Benz one more German luxurious car maker has also some aggressive plans to explore its flagship in Indian car market. It is expected that company will unveil the all new S Class saloon sedan in Indian car market which is bestowed with various luxurious and comfort features which were not available in the existing model of S Class.
3. Mercedes Benz CLA: It is also one of the highly anticipated compact luxurious cars in Indian car market from the German luxurious car maker, after launch of A and B Class Mercedes Benz sedan cars in Indian car market. It is anticipated that after launching CLA – Class in market company will introduce GLA Class in market.
4. Jaguar F Type Coupe: After unveiling the F- Type Coupe concept car in Los Angeles auto expo this year, the ultra luxurious car manufacturing company is all set to unveil the same vehicle during the upcoming Indian Auto Expo 2014. The F-Type R Coupe is equipped with 5.0 litre supercharged V8 engine developing the power of 542 bhp, the remaining two models in the same series are equipped with 3.0 litre V6 supercharged engine churning the power of 374 bhp and 335 bhp.
5. Range Rover Evoque: Land Rover will showcase the new 2014 Range Rover Evoque during the auto expo offered with three engine options in both petrol and diesel variants. The diesel variants will be offered with two engine options of 2.2 diesel 148 bhp engine, 2.2 diesel 187 bhp engine and 2.0 petrol 236 bhp engine. The new Range Rover Evoque is equipped with 9 speed automatic transmission system, driver assistance features and various others including perfect mix of comfort, luxurious and various other technical features.
6. Land Rover Discovery 2014: Along with Range Rover Evoque, Land Rover will also unveil the facelift Discovery during the Auto Expo. It is equipped with 3 litre SDV6 engine coated with eight speed ZF automatic system. The facelifts introduced in Rover Discovery 2014 includes new architecture, high defined audio systems, driver assistance system, new badge, front grille, new bumper, newly designed headlamps, new DRLs followed by various comfort and luxurious features.
7. BMW 3 Series GT: The German car maker is speculating to produce the 3 Series GT at its production plant located in Chennai so as to minimize its price. The new BMW 3 Series GT will be empowered with 2 litre diesel engine generating the power of 184 bhp whereas the 2 litre petrol engine will develop the power of 306 bhp. Both the engines will be covered with eight speed automatic transmission system.
8. Jaguar C-X17: After unveiling this sports crossover during Frankfurt Motor Show, Dubai Motor Show and Chine Auto Show, it is expected that company may unveil its first sports crossover during upcoming Indian Auto Expo.
To know more about introduction of luxurious cars during Indian Auto Expo 2014 stay tuned with carkhabri.