Mahindra Reva E2O launched, priced at Rs 5.96 lakh
Today, yes today, India has created a history as it launches its first indigenously developed most viable ultra modern electric car Mahindra Reva E2O. The car was awaited since January 2012 when it was first revealed at the Auto Expo 2012. Since then there were series of speculations, spy shots and a lot of buzz about the car. Till recently after the Budget proposals that Mahindra has finally decided the launch of the car. Priced attractively the car seems to be ready to be the green automotive of Indians who are literally confused as petrol and diesel prices have taken an uptrend only. The Mahindra E2O price in Delhi is Rs 5.96 lakh (on-road).
Mahindra Reva E20 Features
Mahindra Reva E20 Colours
53 NM Torque
Top Speed 81 kmph
100 kms running in one full charge
6.2 inch touch screen system
Get Mahindra Reva E20 Price
Mahindra Reva E2O specifications and more details
The Mahindra Reva E20 is a two door hatchback has a comfortable seating for four adults. A three phase induction Motor powers it. The power output is 19kW at 3750 rpm while the torque output is 53 Nm @ 3400 rpm. The battery power output is 48V and it is a Lithium Lion battery. This is a low maintenance battery. The steering mechanism is rack and pinion type. There are no gears in the car and it has automatic transmission and has no clutch. Thus the car is effortless to drive in the city.
The suspension system at the front is MacPherson strut type with gas filled shock absorbers. The brakes are disc type at the front and drum type at the rear. Low resistance, tubeless tyres are there which means that these special tyres decrease resistance and thus there is more mileage achieved by the car.
The Mahindra Reva E20 dimensions are – 3280 mm length, 1514 mm wide and 1560 mm height. It has a wheelbase of 1958 mm and it has high ground clearance of 180mm. The car has shortest turning radius of 3.9 m. The weight of the car is 830 kg.
The E2O body is made of special material. The body panels are dent resistant and there are three crumple zones. This car confirms to European safety norms which means that apart from India Mahindra will be exploring markets in the European countries as well.
Mahindra Reva E2O top speed is 81 kmph while it can go for 100 km in a full charge. The car can be charged using a 15A 220V power socket that is easily known as the power socket in homes or workplace and it takes around 5 hrs to get a full charge while it can go for 20 km in an hour of charge.
Some other highlights of the car are:-
• Smartphone integration and so the status of the car, locking, unlocking, AC/Heater switch off, switch on through the app on smartphone.
• There are 10 on board computers that keep a tab on the health of the battery.
• A 6.2 inch touch screen display has DVD playback capability, MP3 support and it can be integrated to iPhone, smartphone etc. The system as all the information about the car besides a nav system.
• Regenerative Braking improves the run per charge.
• Keyless start
• 3.9 m turning radius
• Hill Hold function
• Improved AC/Heater system
• The Boost system allows the car to catch speed fast. Thus it has faster pick up.
• If the car runs 1200 km per month, it saves around Rs 70,000 per year or Rs 3.5 lakh in 5 years as compared to a petrol or diesel car.
• Initially Mahindra hopes to sell 30,000 E2O cars a year.