Latest Car News in India

Thursday, September 27, 2012

By Pawan Rana

Mahindra Ssangyong Rexton launched, price Rs 22.76 lakh

It is time start the countdown for the Mahindra Ssangyong Mahindra Rexton launch in India. The reason is that the car maker has launched the car in South Africa and India is obviously the next big destination the car must be heading to. The new Rexton that was launched in South Africa is the next generation model and the same will also be launched in the country. The Rexton is among the four cars that the car maker proposes to launch in India soon and the others include –Ssangyong Mahindra Korando, Mahindra Reva NXR, Mahindra Verito CS and probably a small car by Mahindra.

Mahindra Rexton Pictures

See More Mahindra Rexton Photos Get Mahindra Rexton Price
 
The Rexton thus launched in South Africa is one of the major offering by the Korean car brand Ssangyong. Notably, Mahindra owns 70 percent stake in the brand and as per the latest buzz, the Indian car maker is very bullish about it and could buy out the rest of the 30 percent share soon. The Rexton launch in India is seen as Mahindra entry in the premium SUV segment. Though the car maker has tried to enter the segment with the Mahindra XUV 500 launch but it still is Rs 11 lakh SUV and still there are comfort and other premium features that the XUV still lacks. Now what the XUV 500 could not do, the Ssangyong Rexton will do.  
 
Powered by a 2.7 L CRDi diesel engine the max power output capacity of the car is 165 bhp which is quite impressive in the class. Initially a five speed manual with an option of five speed automatic will be there on the Rexton in India. The Rexton price in South Africa translates to Rs 22.76 lakh in Indian currency but the car is being imported as is in there while it will be produced locally at the Mahindra plant in India. 

Comments (2)

shyambhai060@gmail.com

Shyam

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Mahindra & Mahindra will launch the new Mahindra Ssangyong Rexton crossover at the expected price of Rs. 22.76 lakhs.

nitin.das@sify.com

Nitin

Friday, September 28, 2012

Mahindra & Mahindra always use new technology.

Post Comment

#

Book A Test Drive

Click Here