Wednesday, May 21, 2014
By Kamal Swami
Major dominating SUVs in Indian car market during the month of April 2014
Sports Utility Vehicles (SUVs) have their own segment, especially in current scenario they constitute an important part of auto industry. Moreover buying a SUV has become a status symbol among the car enthusiasts of generation next drivers. Despite of huge decline in sales, Indian car market has succeeded in witnessing regular demand for SUVs. In coming paragraphs we shall be discussing the major SUV dominators in the month of April 2014 from selling point of view.
(1) Mahindra Scorpio: Since its inception Scorpio from domestic car maker managed to fascinate the audiences towards itself and till date its craze continues. Moreover due to its rugged looks and fuel efficient performance it appeals the buyers who prefer to drive fuel efficient vehicle on terrains. During the month of April company sold out 4092 units of Scorpio in the Indian car market.
(2) Toyota Innova: The initiative of Japanese auto giant is quite famous among tourists as it offers them comfort travelling experience during the long journey. Apart from this it is also the first choice of big Indian families who prefer to go out together during the weekends. The craze of buyers towards Innova continued even during the month of April 2014 as it recorded sales of about 3590 units.
(3) Mahindra Bolero: Mahindra Bolero is also one of the highest selling SUVs offered by domestic car maker Mahindra and Mahindra which alike its other sibling Scorpio occupies an important place among the hearts of Indian buyers. During the month of April sales of Bolero counted to 8942 units making it highest selling SUV in Indian car market during the month of April.
(4) Renault Duster: Launch of Renault Duster can be considered as a boon for French car maker which helped the automaker to strongly strengthen its roots deeply in Indian car market with its launch. It would not be wrong to say that launch of Duster brought a revolution in SUV segment of Indian car market and set new benchmarks in the segment. The total sales of Duster during the month of April were 3153 units.
(5) Ford EcoSport: Unveiled during the Indian auto expo 2012 and launched last year, the EcoSport has been the game changer for the car maker. This could be witnessed from its sales during the month of April 2014 which recorded sales of 4013 units sold as against 3904 units sold in the month of March same year.
Mahindra XUV 500:One more best illustration of power and performance from the domestic car maker Mahindra and Mahindra, XUV 500 is the perfect match of latest technical and comfort features. The company sold out 2877 units of XUV 500 during the month of April 2014.