Wednesday, March 09, 2016
By Manoj Kumawat
Things to know about Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza
Country’s leading car maker Maruti Suzuki India Limited launched its highly awaited compact SUV Vitara Brezza in Indian car market yesterday on March 8, 2016. It is the first vehicle by Indo-Japanese car makers that is 98% localized in India under the supervision of CV Raman, MSIL, Executive Director - Research and Development. The compact SUV was showcased during Indian Auto Expo 2016 held in month of February this year in New Delhi where it succeeded in receiving an over whelming response from all segments. Now as the vehicle has been launched in Indian car market buyers are keen to know about the features that are offered in this new initiative. Going through this need of our reader we have tried to find major features that are offered by Vitara Brezza making it a strong contender in its segment.
1. Engine and fuel efficiency: Offered in diesel variant the compact SUV is empowered with DDiS200, 1.3 litre four cylinder diesel engine with displacement capacity of 1,248cc generating the power of 89 bhp and torque of 200Nm. This engine is same as offered in first cross over S-Cross launched by company last year. But an interesting feature of Vitara Brezza is that despite of containing same engine configuration it delivers an impressive average of 24.3 kmpl as against 23.65 kmpl average delivered by S-Cross.
2. Spacious cabin: With an objective to provide comfort seating experience of six adults the Vitara Brezza adorns spacious cabin. The boot space of 328 litre is enough to carry substantial luggage of passengers. With this the facility of folding rear seats in ratio of 60:40 offers the comfort of flat bed to passenger willing to sleep while travelling.
3. Measurements: Interestingly the compact SUV bestows muscular, dynamic and aggressive looks to grab the attention of commuters at first instance. It carries the length of 3,995 mm. width of 1,709mm and height of 1,640mm. Moving ahead the ground clearance of 198mm succeeds in giving this vehicle an impressive look.
4. Safety Features: Going through the increasing concern of buyers towards presence of safety features offered in vehicles, driver side air bag has been offered as standard feature in all variants. Apart from this moving ahead different variants are equipped with varied safety features depending upon their price. The safety features offered in different variants are dual front air bags, ABS+EBD and various others.
5. Variants: Vitara Brezza has been overall offered in six variants namely LDi, LDi (O), VDi, VDi(O), ZDi, ZDi+ .
6. Driving mode: At present the compact has been offered with front wheel driving option. It is however expected that in coming future company might bring its all wheel driving system along with its petrol variant.