Friday, January 30, 2015
By Manoj Kumawat
Time to rewind the performance of Indian car market in January 2015
After sluggish growth for consecutively three years, year 2014 succeeded in bringing smile on the faces of car manufacturers which was mainly due to relaxation in excise duty by central government and regular decline in fuel prices. Enjoying the significant success with new cars and facelift of their cars throughout the year car makers welcomed the year 2015 with new hopes and possibilities. Now as the first month of January 2015 comes to an end it’s time to go through the major attractions which exhibited their charm during the month.
1. Toyota Innova and Fortuner: The beginning of New Year witnessed silence launch of Toyota Innova and Fortuner by Japanese car maker. Where the car maker launched facelift version of Innova in Indian car market on the other side it introduced 4x4 automatic version in Fortuner SUV.
2. Datsun Go+: Datsun Go+ the compact MPV was the highly awaited MPV in Indian car market by subsidiary of Japanese car maker Nissan Motors. Prior to this car maker had showcased the same during Indian Auto Expo 2014 along with its sibling Datsun Go hatchback, which was launched in Indian car market after its unveil during Auto Expo. At present it has been launched only in petrol trim.
3. Tata Bolt: After its showcase during the Indian Auto Expo with its sibling Zest compact sedan, Bolt was also one of the highly awaited hatchback’s in Indian car market. Launched in both petrol and diesel trims Bolt is speculated to enhance the sales of domestic car maker.
4. Mercedes Benz CLA Class: The sedan from German car maker is the perfect combination of luxury and budget merged in one piece. Launched in both petrol and diesel versions this sedan is the perfect gift for car enthusiast who wish to enjoy driving a luxurious car which is within the budget. It is empowered with 2.0 litre petrol and 2.1 litre diesel engine.
5. Honda Amaze: Launched in 2013, Honda Amaze from Japanese car maker emerged as the game changer for the car maker which brought it back into the race of car makers. Inspired from the huge success enjoyed by this compact sedan, this month car maker introduced one more variant in its petrol and diesel trims priced Rs. 7.32 lakh and Rs. 8.2 lakh respectively.
6. Maruti Suzuki Swift (Windsong Edition): After successful launch of facelift Suzuki Swift last year, country’s leading car manufacturer MSIL launched the special edition of its favorite hatchback Swift in Indian car market named as Windsong Edition. As the name suggests the edition has been offered to grab the attention of music enthusiasts and carries most of the features that will enhance their experience of listening music in their car.
7. Maruti Suzuki Ciaz: After successful launch of Ciaz sedan in Indian car market last year MSIL introduced two more variants in its petrol and diesel trims named as ZXi and ZDi respectively. Both the variants have been offered with price tag of Rs 9.08 lakh and 10.37 lakh (ex-showroom price) for petrol and diesel variants. Features offered in these variants are leather upholstery, new alloy wheels, touchscreen multimedia infotainment system etc.