Wednesday, June 17, 2015
By Kamal Swami
Upcoming cars from MSIL in 2015-16
After successful launch of Maruti Suzuki Celerio diesel in Indian car market few days back, country’s leading car maker MSIL is going to come up with its new attractions during the remaining months of on-going year. Going through the performance of cars offered by car maker these cars have already grabbed the attention of car enthusiasts across the country and therefore they are keenly awaited cars in Indian car market. In today’s news section we will be highlighting the same for your reference:
1. Maruti Suzuki S Cross: Carrying the features of a crossover this initiative from MSIL would be one of the best-selling cars in the hatchback segment that will compete against Volkswagen Cross Polo, Fiat Avventura and Toyota Etios. It is expected to debut soon in Indian car market most probably on July 6, 2015. It would be offered in diesel variant and would be enriched with two engine options of 1.6-liter multijet 1.3 liter multijet engines. After launch it will be also launched in petrol version.
2. Maruti Suzuki Wagon R: This is also one of the famous hatchbacks from the leading car manufacturer that is highly acclaimed by car enthusiasts. The hatchback will undergo contemporary cosmetic changes and will be empowered with K series 1 litre petrol engine which is mainly offered in various hatchbacks launched by car maker. It is expected to debut sometimes by the end of this year or during Indian Auto Expo 2016.
3. Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire: The facelift version of this highly acclaimed sedan was launched in the beginning of this year by car maker. It is reported that now company is going to launch its refreshed version that would be offered with automated manual transmission system. The AMT version will replace the existing four speed automatic gearbox system offered in petrol version. The 1.3 diesel trim will continue the same manual gear transmission system.
4. Maruti Suzuki Waira: The ever first premium hatchback from MSIL was for first time showcased during Geneva Auto Expo held earlier this year. It is speculated to be showcased during Indian Auto Expo 2016, if launched in India it will compete against New Honda Jazz and Volkswagen Polo.
5. Maruti Suzuki Vitara: Going through the increasing craze of buyers towards SUVs, Japanese car maker showcased the concept model of same during Paris Motor Show held last year. The compact SUV is speculated to make its debut sometimes during the beginning of next year in Indian car market.