Question & Answer

The last question was answered on Wednesday, September 16, 2015   characters left

The last question was answered on Wednesday, September 16, 2015   characters left

Answer for this queation

if we register to Private no later on it can be changed as commercial no or not? if yes then what is the procedure and the time expenses etc????
1 Answer
Asked By Vishnu
Wednesday, August 29, 2012
Dear Vishnu,

You can definitely convert your private vehicle to commercial one as government will welcome you to do this as they charge additional cash for registering it into commercial segment.

First of all you need to pay commercial road tax for your car, after which you can go for commercial registration. Once the vehicle gets the yellow plate or is changed to commercial one, the road tax that was paid by you earlier for registering vehicle under private category will be refunded on pro-data basis. But the fact is that this process, as it’s a government undertaking, takes good lengthy time. The notable part is that tax/fees/ registration charges differ from state to state, in some states it also depends upon the seating capacity. For all this, you just need fill an application form for the change at the RTO office in your city, while the rest, as per the guidelines can be understood at the RTO enquiry or by agents/brokers available nearby RTO office also the driving school guys can help you properly.
Answer - 1 out of 1
Answered By Imran Khan
Thursday, August 30, 2012

Post Your Answer

Answers must add to our terms of use.To create links,just type the address without using html code. You can edit your answer any time.


Book A Test Drive

Click Here