By Rajesh Dharmakkan
Excellent Choice for the Very first Drivers
Pros : Design, Interior space
Cons : Power, Mileage
I purchsed Hyundai Eon Dlite Plus LPG on the month of May. I got delivery on Mid of May. Some small disadvantages are there in the "Small wonder" Even this is a good car. I love it a lot.
The disadvantages which i feels with the car is.
1. Power delivery is too less. But in the second gear only. Apart from that, the pickup is enough for the Normal drive. You should put swich the second gear after cross 15-20 Km speed. Then only you can get a good pickup. In some other vehicles i have driven is not like that. I will switch into second when ever the car starts moving. That kind of gear shifting is not works in EON.
2nd gear can change afer 15-20KM
3rd Gear can be able to change in 20Km speed itself.
4th Gear can not be shift befor 40KM. If you changed the gear before that 40Km speed you can feel the difference, the car feels hard to move.
5th gear can be able to shift after 50 KM speed.
In genereal you cann't reach the top gear inside the city drive. I used drive in 4th gear only. In chennai traffic rarely, i will get the chance of drive in top gear
Still the speed of 80Kmph, the car feels good. Easily it will get the speed., and you can feel the confident level high, Because the break looks good. Not like the Alto, and maruti 1000.
2. Low suspenstion. When ever cross over the speed breakers you can feel that. In indian roads you can defenetly feel it.
3. This car fails in the most and important aspect. i.e., Milage. It gives only 11KMPl with AC. To check the fuel efficiency, I fill my LPG tank in 251 KM. After some days the fuel level goes into low. Again i fill the tank at 452 KM, and i filled 18.2L of LPG. for 201 KM it consumes 18.2L. My heart broken in this, hardly 11Kmpl. I don't think no one drive the car without AC. I don't know how for ARAI it gives 21.1KMPL. When i was bought this car i though it will give atleast 15 KM per liter of LPG with AC.
One thing I needs to share with you now, The car reaches 25-30 Km speed without given any acceleration if the road is flat. In the third gear itself i does't requires any accelation. I thing this only consumes more fuel. I will update on this after my first service. If you needs to speed more that 25KM only you needs to use accelerator.
These are the only things i feels bad in this car.
1. The internal space looks good for 5 Members. It is more spacious than alto and zen. Can be able to sit 3 members in rear. In the front 2 members can enjoy the remaining all the spaces. Really the front seat and Driver seat have the space like Ikon. That much of space is there for the front seats. For a small family. You can drive with your wife, kids can enjoy the rear seats. They can comfortably sleep inthe rear seats, your wife also, but you cann't.
2. The front seat adjustment gives more space and to be place your seat as per the comfort level you feels. The integrated head rest also good.
3. Interiors also very nice. You can get a feel of luxary car. In the look and feel only not in the comfort level.
4. No one cann't tell this as a small car. i.e., No one compare this car with Alto, 800. In the External look , it will be in the range of Zen, Wagon R, i-10, santro. like that. You can proud for this. You are spend the amount for the price of alto, but you will get the pride of next segment car. This is the only reason i bought this car.
In the front view no one cann't assume the segment of this car. In side and rear views only it gives the feel of small car.
5. In the boot space, I don't thing so for LPG fitted car can have that much of boot space. Even the space is good enough only. In Excellent way they placed the LPG tank.
Finally, If you are looking for a pertol Car is small segment, This can be first choice. This car can be compare with i-10. Except power, in all the ways EON will beat i-10.