Many bads with a few goods
Pros : Appearance average, mileage ok, safe in driving
Cons : In convenient in city driving, lack of some features
With a view to purchase a new car I approached to Maruti company showroom & obtained the details of Maruti SX4 Green VXI car from company at Jaipur & also went for test drive, my feeling after test drive & as per company details are as under. Ex-showroom price of Maruti SX4 Green VXI car is Rs. 7,58,005.91/- with powerful engine of 1586cc. Its fuel type is CNG with fuel capacity of 65 liter.
Mileage of this car in city area is about 12-13 kmpl & on highway it is 16-17 kmpl. Top speed is about 160 kmph, acceleration & pick-up is between 0-100 kmph in 11.5 second considered as good.
This car is provided with all other feature except the following:
Driver air bag
Front passenger air bag
Anti-lock braking system
Some of the inconveniences felt in test drive which prevents to recommend this car are:-
1. Pillar of this car obstructs in rear view which makes driving & parking in convenient.
2. Rear seat is uncomfortable, especially middle seat.
3. Acceleration on lower gear is quite slow.
4. Plastic used in interior looks of cheaper quality.
5. As per exterior fitting car does not look much fresh like many other cars of this range.
Nowadays such a poor feature cars are wiped-out in this cut throat competition age. So I would not recommend this car in 2012 on other better features & good looking cars are available in this price range.