Pros : Good Looking
Cons : Customers taken for a ride
I booked Duster from Whitefield Renault Bangalore on 14-Jul-2012 and it was told that it would take 12 weeks for the delivery. Today, it is more than 8 weeks and there is no update on when my vehicle will be delivered. In between, I tried contacting the sales consultant for Accessories and other details, but there was proper response, and no update at all. Even if you call there is no proper response and the consultant looses his temper/patience and he speaks as though they are doing a favour for customer by taking a booking for Duster.
Now on the other hand, I tried reaching the customer care for Renault. I always get a standard response “We regret the inconvenience caused to you” and there is no real effort done to address the issue. On top of that they were not ready to share the ticket number, which was raised for No proper updates. At last I got the ticket number, for which I had to call them at least 4 times to get the number. They shared the ticket number and they are not in a position to tell that when I will get my allotment date.
After all these, I spoke to one of the person (who is supposed to be a sales Manager in Whitefield Renault) who told he will speak to his consultant and get back, I have not got any updates from him. Also, his expression was since the booking is a base variant and grey color, delay might be because of this.
Here are my thoughts based all this mess created by Renault by launching Duster,
- If pre-sales are handled this way, god knows how afters sales/service will be offered to customer.
- If they cannot deliver base variant with grey color, they should have a disclaimer mentioned that there will be special time taken to deliver the base variant.
- I get a feeling that Renault had absolutely no planning on how will it deliver its bookings.
- Their customer support requires another customer support to help them how to manage the situation.
- Clearly lack of planning and they are taking customers for a ride, not on duster but with a messy system.