Friday, April 07, 2017
By Carkhabri Team
Glorious Heritage of Tata Cars (Part -II)
Nothing is impossible in this world and if you work hard with full dedication, one day world will recognize your work with full respect. This can be understood by the recent hat trick of vehicles namely Tiago, Hexa and Tigor by domestic car maker Tata Motors.
Although, the corner stone of car maker was laid down 72 years back in 1945 as TELCO and first vehicle to come out from its production unit was in collaboration with German car maker Damiler-Benz which was launched in 1954, after that the car maker emerged as one of the leading commercial vehicle manufacturers in India. It was in 1991 when the car maker stepped in passenger vehicle segment and launched its first vehicle Sierra, which was a three door multi-utility vehicle empowered with a 1.9 litre naturally aspirated engine it has the displacement capacity of 1948cc and capable of touching the top notch of 130 kmph.
Eventually, the vehicle was phased out from Indian car market in 2000 because of other strong contenders in market, but launch of Sierra had blown the siren that Indian car maker are ready to compete equally with international car makers who at that time were exploring their roots in India.
After Sierra, car maker started offering its remarkable vehicles in India from time to time and fortunately vehicles like Sumo, Indica etc succeed in receiving an encouraging response from buyers across the world. But, as there are always ups and downs in life of every person and the winners come out from those downfalls, similarly partial success of few vehicles like Nano hatchback, Zest sedan, Bolt hatchback etc home grown car maker back in the field with some new vehicles which are highly acclaimed by the car enthusiasts.
Going through the success enjoyed by recently launched vehicles, let us have the glimpse of vehicle which have played as the backbone of these vehicles.
1. Tata Aria: The 4x4 crossover SUV is empowered with 2.2 litre VARICOR diesel engine that is capable of generating the power of 147.94 bhp and torque of 320Nm. It is mated with five speed manual gear transmission box.
2. Tata Bolt: The hatchback is offered in both petrol and diesel variants. The petrol variant is enriched with 1.2 litre Revotron Engine that is capable of boosting the power of 88.7 bhp and torque of 140Nm. The engine has displacement capacity of 1193cc. The diesel variant is empowered with 1.3 litre Quadrajet engine which has displacement capacity of 1248c. It generates the power of 74 bhp and the torque of 190Nm.
3. Tata Hexa: It is one the recent initiatives introduced by the Tata Motors in SUV segment. The Tata Hexa is empowered with 2.2 litre turbocharged four cylinder diesel engine that boosts the power of 154 bhp and torque of 400Nm. Transmission duties includes the option of both six speed manual gearbox and six speed automatic transmission system.
4. Tata Indica ev2: Empowered with diesel engine having the displacement capacity of 1405cc, the hatchback empowers the engine of 1.4 litre generating the power of 48.21 bhp and torque of 85Nm.
5. Tata Indica Vista: Although the hatchback has been phased out by the car maker in 2015, after seventeen years of its launch back in 1998. It was empowered with 1.3 litre Quadrajet engine with displacement capacity of 1248cc, boosting the power of 74 bhp and torque of 190Nm.