Friday, July 07, 2017
By CarKhabri Team
GST Impact On Indian Car Market: Prices of SUV’s Declined
The arrival of July 1, 2017 morning began the era of new taxation system in Indian Economy with implementation of one tax one country named as Good and Service Tax (GST). The implementation of GST has also received mixed reviews across the country and its impacts are still yet to be evaluated, but the one segment which has reason to welcome the GST is that which is willing to buy the brand new SUV for drive. Before the implementation of GST the SUVs above 4 meters length were sold with 55% tax including Excise, CESS, NCD and VAT, but now with new tax policy the buyers of these SUVs will be required to pay the overall tax up-to 43% including 28% GST and 15% CESS.
So now if you are planning to buy any of the following SUVs then it is the right time to make your dream come as an impact of GST prices of following SUVs has come to huge extent.
1. Hyundai Creta: The first ever compact SUV from Korean car maker succeeded in winning over the hearts of Indian car enthusiast since its launch in both petrol and diesel variants. Under the hood the petrol variant is empowered with 1.6 litre engine that is capable for boosting the power of 122 bhp and torque of 154Nm, whereas the diesel variant empowers 1.6 litre engine generating the power of 126 bhp and torque of 265Nm. Going through the impact of GST the price of compact SUV has declined up-to 1.70 lakh and now its price starts from Rs.8.72 lakh (ex-showroom).
2. Mahindra XUV 500: With huge fleet of vehicles manufactured by the domestic car maker Mahindra and Mahindra XUV 500 is one of the highly acclaimed products accounting for 2,000 units sold every month on an average basis. Offered with two engine options 2.2 litre turbocharged diesel engine boosting the power of 170PS and 2.2 diesel engine generating the power of 140 bhp, the Mahindra XUV after GST witnesses the decline of Rs. 2.64 lakh and now is being offered with price tag of Rs. 11.59 lakh (ex-showroom) for its base variant.
3. Maruti S-Cross: Offered by country’s leading car manufacturing company Maruti Suzuki India Limited, S-Cross the first ever crossover is offered with engine options of 1.3 litre and 1.6 litre in diesel variant. The former churns the power of 89 bhp and torque of 200 Nm, whereas the later boosts the power of 118 bhp and torque of 320Nm. Going through the implementation of GST the crossover now records the decline of Rs. 1.03 lakh and now is being offered with starting price of Rs. 8.11 lakh (ex-showroom).
4. Renault Duster: The trendsetter of compact SUVs in Indian car market the Renault Duster from French car maker that made its debut back in 2011 is till date considered as the corner stone of compact SUV segment in Indian car market. Offered in both petrol and diesel engine of 1.5 litre, the Duster now witnesses the decline of Rs. 1.71 lakh and now offered with price tag of Rs. 8.49 lakh (ex-showroom).
5. Tata Hexa: Launched by domestic car maker Tata Motors in the month of January 2017, the Hexa is empowered with 2.2 litre Varicor engine that churns the power of 154 bhp and torque of 400Nm. The major features offered in Hexa are six airbags, ESP+ABS+EBD, hill descent control, hill hold assist and few more. With implementation of GST the Hexa is now offered with discount of Rs. 2.17 lakhs and is priced Rs. 11.37 lakh (ex-showroom) for base variant.
6. Ford Endeavour: Ford Endeavour is one of the best selling products by US car maker in Indian car market which since its launch has been holding the flag of success without any second thoughts. Mechanically it is empowered with 2.2 litre engine boosting the power of 158 bhp and torque of 385 Nm, the other engine option includes 3.2 litre engine generating the power of 197 bhp and torque of 470Nm. After going through the GST discount of Rs. 3.47 lakh the SUV giant is offered with price tag of Rs. 24.11 lakh (ex-showroom).
7. Toyota Fortuner: Offered with two engine options of 2.7 litre petrol and 2.8 litre diesel engine boosting the power of 164 bhp and 174 bhp respectively the Fortuner SUV from Japanese car maker receives the discount of Rs. 3.26 lakh and now its price starts from Rs. 24.77 lakh (ex-showroom) onwards.