Friday, July 15, 2022
By CarKhabri Team
How To Apply For Car Insurance Claim?
The concept of car insurance is not new to the world, still, there are lots of people who are confused about the process of applying for a claim. There is a huge segment of people who don’t know how the process of insurance works? If you are also one of them, then this blog is for you.
What is Car Insurance? Well, in simple words, it is an agreement between the insurance company and the car owner in which the owner of the car will pay a fixed premium every year to the insurance company and the company will cover the cost of any loss or damage to the car. It is important to know that getting car insurance is necessary for all vehicles in India whether they are personal or commercial. The car insurance companies collaborate with car manufacturing companies to provide quotes of different insurance policies to customers on demand.
What Are Different Types of Car Insurance In India? In India, there are two types of car insurance offered to customers.
- Comprehensive Car Insurance: Under this type of insurance the car owner is offered a claim against the damage to the vehicle, any damage to the other vehicle, property or a person caused by your vehicle, or the death of the driver or a passenger.
- Third-Party Insurance: This type of insurance covers limited protection. Here the insurance company covers the damage from your vehicle to another person or property.
Items Covered Under Car Insurance: The items for which the insurance companies offer claims are listed below:
- Injuries: Here the insurance company offer to claim for injuries to the body due to an accident.
- Damage: This covers damage to your car due to an accident, theft or damage due to environmental factors.
- Third-Party Insurance: This insurance covers any damage to the third-party vehicle from your car.
- Death Coverage: If the driver or a passenger dies in the insured vehicle during an accident or any natural calamity.