Friday, March 15, 2019
By CarKhabri Team
Maruti Suzuki Cars Ready To Lure The Motorists With Their Charm In Coming Years
Undoubtedly, the Indo-Japanese carmaker Maruti Suzuki India Limited has been dominating the Indian car market for more than two decades. But, to retain its position, not only it has to upgrade its vehicles according to the changing scenario, but, at the same time also introduce new vehicles and step in the segment, in which it has not yet entered. Interestingly, keeping this objective in concern, the carmaker started its journey for 2019 by launching the facelift versions of its two best selling hatchbacks WagonR and Baleno with a plethora of new attractions.
According to the reports revealed by the MSIL regarding its future strategy along with bringing the refreshed versions of its existing portfolio, the company will also launch a few new models, which till date have been showcased by the company as concept vehicles. Today, we shall be bringing the list of new vehicles that would be launched by the carmaker during 2019 and 2020.
1. Maruti Suzuki Alto: Since its inception, the Alto hatchback has succeeded in ruling the hearts of car buyers across the country, especially the first time buyers. Now going with the increasing competition in the segments, the carmakers are going to bring its next generation with its existing 800 cc petrol engine, followed by the 660cc new petrol engine. It is also rumored that with Renault Kwid 1.0, exploring its reach among the masses, the MSIL might also introduce 1.0 litre petrol engine mated with five-speed AMT gearbox, in the line-up, of Alto. Developed on the new platform the generation next Alto is reported to be more fuel efficient and enriched with new features.
2. Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Petrol: Going through the shift of buyers towards the compact SUV, the carmakers launched the Vitara Brezza almost three years back in March 2016 and received an encouraging response from the Indian buyers. Now according to the recent reports, the company is going to bring its petrol variant empowered with 1.0 litre Boosterjet engine that is capable of boosting the power of 100 bhp and the torque of 150Nm. The existing diesel variant is enriched with 1.3 litre Multijet engine, that develops the power of 89 bhp and the torque of 200Nm. Apart, from this mechanical update, the Vitara Brezza petrol is reported to receive a bunch of new features, without undergoing any dimensional updates.
3. Maruti Suzuki Swift RS: After the successful launch of generation next Swift hatchback, the Indo-Japanese car maker is all set to soon launch its RS trim in the Indian car market. The spies have witnessed the RS variant being tested on the Indian roads during various occasions. The RS Swift will be enriched with 1.0 litre Boosterjet engine generating the power of 100.5 bhp and the torque of 150Nm, and mated with five-speed manual gear transmission system. The RS Baleno will also undergo some cosmetic upgrades in form of new bumpers, alloy wheels, gloss black front grille, dual exhausts, seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system, flat-bottom steering wheel and many more.
4. Maruti Suzuki S-Cross Crossover: Although the S-Cross crossover did not succeed in enjoying the expected success despite of equipped with powerful engine and impressive features, due to its high price. But, still it has substantial fan following and now keeping this factor in concern the company is going to bring its petrol variant, that will be empowered with 1.5 litre developing the power of 1,4 bhp and the torque of 138Nm. The existing diesel variant is enriched with 1.3 litre DDiS diesel engine coated with Suzuki’s SHVS mild hybrid system.
5. Maruti Suzuki Jimny: It is one of the highly awaited vehicles from the Indo-Japanese carmaker since it showcase during the Tokyo Auto Salon back in January 2017. The India bound version of the SUV is reported to be offered with the options of Suzuki’s 1.0 litre Boosterjet and 1.4 litre Boosterjet engines, mated with five-speed manual and six-speed automatic gearbox systems, respectively. Although, the version of Jimny to be launched in India will be a little bit different in terms of features offered in its global version.
6. Maruti Suzuki Celerio: The second generation of Celerio hatchback is ready for launch during the festive season of 2020. The new Celerio will be developed on the new HEARTECT platform used for developing the generation next WagonR, apart from the platform, the new Celerio will also outsource 1.2 litre four cylinder K12M petrol engine from WagonR hatchback. The new engine is reported to be BSVI compliant. Along with these changes, in its new avatar the Celerio is reported to be embellished with a bunch new cosmetic updates and safety features.
7. Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara: Although, the carmaker has not yet revealed the exact details about the launch of Grand Vitara, but, still it is speculated that it might be launched anytime between 2019 and 2020. The SUV will be offered with the option of five seats and seven seats, and customized with the plethora of remarkable features.
8. Maruti Suzuki Future S: As the name reveals, the compact SUV Future S was showcased during the Indian Auto Expo 2018, and depicts the company’s future design philosophy comprising of design and colors. The mini SUV is reported to undergo the production before the arrival of the festive season, and available for the showcase during the season at the showrooms.