Friday, January 05, 2018
By Carkhabri Team
Some Highly Awaited Cars And SUVs Below 15 Lakh To Debut In 2018
After enjoying sustainable growth in the year 2017, all car makers have started making preparations for the upcoming Indian Auto Expo to be held in the month of February 2018. It would be interested to know that the organization Auto Expo’s across the world are highly awaited events by all the segments of the society whether they are manufacturers, car enthusiasts and experts or first time buyers. The organization Auto Expo’s not only exhibit the future vision of upcoming cars but also facilitate the buyers to buy their dream car. Interestingly India Auto Expo 2018 is not an exception to it and therefore is highly awaited by all the segments of the society.
It is believed that once again the show will set new benchmark for future shows by witnessing the launch of new and concept vehicles at large scale. Along with this the show will also witness the launch of some highly awaited vehicles in the Indian car market with upgraded features. Therefore, going through the concern of first time buyers we are highlighting some budgetary cars with the price tag below Rs. 15 lakh and which after showcase during the show will make their immediate debut in the Indian car market.
1. Maruti Suzuki Swift: The Swift hatchback from Indo-Japanese car maker Maruti Suzuki India Limited is undoubtedly one of the highly awaited vehicles in the 2018. In its third generation the Swift is reported to be developed n the new Heartect platform which is helping in minimizing its weight. Under the hood Swift is expected to be offered with the same engine configurations of 1.2 litre petrol and 1.3 litre diesel engine option. The transmission duties might include the option of automatic transmission system along with existing manual gear transmission system. As far as integration of new features are concerned it is reported to be embellished with flat-bottom steering wheel with controls, a twin-pod instrument cluster and a touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto, Bluetooth AUX, USB and Apple CarPlay connectivity.
2. Hyundai Santro: Launched in the middle of 90’s the Santro hatchback by the Korean car maker Hyundai Motors is also reported to make a comeback in the Indian car market with new flavors. As the hatchback has been spied on various occasions it is believed to be showcased during the Indian Auto Expo 2018. It is reported to be placed between Grandi i10 and Eon hatchback.
3. Hyundai Creta: The first ever compact SUV from Korean car maker Hyundai Motors is also speculated to receive the mid-lift facelift and is believed to make its debut sometimes during the next financial year 2018-19. The compact SUV has already undergo vast cosmetic changes in the international market and therefore it is believed that the car maker will introduce the same changes in the India bound version.
4. Mahindra S201: Codenamed as S201, the upcoming compact SUV from domestic car maker Mahindra and Mahindra is also reported to make its debut during this year and will compete against Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and Hyundai Creta. It is believed to receive new set of engine configurations comprising of 1.2 litre petrl and 1.5 litre diesel. The proposed compact SUV will act as the bridge between KUV100 and Scorpio.
5. Ford Figo Cross: After successful launch of facelift EcoSport in the Indian car market US based car maker Ford is gearing to launch the crossover version of its hatchback Figo during the Indian Auto Expo 2018. According to the sources the Figo Cross will receive completely new look on the both the exterior and interior fronts followed by broad mechanical upgrades.
6. Nissan Kicks: The proposed SUV from Japanese car maker is also expected to make its first appearance during the Indian Auto Expo 2018 and will be the first vehicle by the car maker in Indian car market after launch of Terrano back in 2013. The SUV is reported to be developed on the platform used for developing the Renault Duster and Jeep Compass.
7. Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Petrol: The Vitara Brezza compact SUV has been an average selling vehicle by the MSIL. It is reported that now the company is going to launch its petrol variant in the Indian car market to grab the attention of auto lovers in India. It is believed that physically it will carry the same appearance as the existing version of diesel variant, except with the option of automatic transmission system.
Apart from above mentioned vehicles the 2018 is believed to be massive year for the Indian car market and might witness some revolutionary upgrades in the form of electronic version of existing line-ups being offered by the major car makers.