Friday, January 13, 2023
By CarKhabri Team
Understanding the Concept Of A Combined Charging System
The demand for electric vehicles is gaining momentum and understanding their benefits people are now shifting to these vehicles. Keeping the increasing demand for these vehicles, countries throughout the world have started working on enhancing the charging infrastructure facilities. In some countries, electric vehicle manufacturing companies have established their personalized charging system. The most highly developed country the United States of America has its own combined charging system, whereas the European continent has a Combined Charging system 2. In India, electric vehicle owners used the same system to charge their vehicles. Now the question arises what is a Combined Charging System?
What is a Combined Charging System? As the name suggests this system combines two charging systems. This type of charging system can perform both types of AC and DC charging. It has 350 kW of power and uses Combo 1 or Combo 2 connector. The charging system has dual connector extensions to IEC62196 Type 1 and Type 2 connectors. They are connected by two pins for DC charging.
What is the Power Efficiency Of a Combined Charging System?
- As mentioned above, a Combined Charging System can perform both types of AC and DC charging. The onboard charger in AC charging is used for charging four-wheelers, whereas a normal AC 2.5 KW to 3 KW charger is used to charge heavy vehicles. It takes almost 5 to 6 hours for charging a vehicle.
- To charge a vehicle fast, there is high powered charger on the board. It has a charger of 7.5 KW to 22 KW.
- For DC charging the vehicles used level 1, level 2 and DC fast charging. The level 1 DC charging system uses a 120-volt plug. Tit develops power ranging from 10 KW to 15 KW. The level 2 DC charging system generates power from 30 KW to 150 KW. Electric vehicle owners can use this type of charging system at their homes also.
What is Combined Charging System 2? Combined Charging System 2 performs much better than Combined Charging System. It is more powerful and offers enhanced charging efficiency. This charging system is highly used in European countries and is benefitting electric vehicle owners.
- CCS 2 supports full AC charging Level 1 and Level 2. This system also supports DC charging with an AC plug.
- CCS 2 has 240V, 80 A and 3 phase with an efficiency of up to 43 KW. This system allows Level 1 for DC charging. The AC plug has 2 and 4 pins for using PE, CP and G. The 2 pin has a capacity of 28 KW whereas the 4 pin has a capacity of 56 KW.
- DC Level gives power up to 500 KW and is better than level 1. It has a cooling system to cool the wire. This protects the wire from getting hot and allows the charger to perform much better. The notable feature of this system is that it gives power up to 100 KW with the non-cooling system in DC Level 2.