Tuesday, April 12, 2016
By Kamal Swami
Cars ready to lure Indian buyers during Ram Navami
Festive season is one of the best times for car manufacturers to enhance their sales, especially in culturally diversified country like India where every month one or two festivals are celebrated normally, Indian car market is almost flooded with bunch of cars offering opportunity to buyers for buying their dream car during festive season. In next couple of days people in India are going to celebrate the birthday of Lord Ram and to lure buyers on this auspicious day Indian car market has attractive jewels hidden in its bag for all segments of Indian car enthusiasts. To facilitate our readers we are providing a glimpse of major attractions of car market in India which in recent times have succeeded in fascinating them with their remarkable performance.
1. Tata Tiago: Tiago hatchback from domestic car maker Tata Motors has been one of the highly awaited hatchbacks in Indian car market. Developed completely on new XO platform, Tata Tiago is considered as an advanced version of Indica hatchback by car maker. Offered in both petrol and diesel variants empowered with 1.2 litre Revotron and 1.05 Revotorq engine respectively, Tiago is offered in five trims XB, XE, XM, XT, and XZ. At present both the engines are mated with five speed manual gear transmission system but in coming months it is reported to be offered in AMT system also. Offered with starting price of Rs. 3.20 lakh (ex-showroom price, New Delhi) Tiago has embellishes fleet of remarkable contemporary features.
2. Mahindra NuvoSport: Offered with starting price of Rs. 7.35 lakh (ex-showroom price, New Delhi), the compact SUV from home grown car maker Mahindra and Mahindra is said to be the replacement of Quanto compact SUV. Empowered with three cylinder mHawk 100 diesel engine boosting the power of 100 PS and torque of 240Nm mated with five speed manual gear transmission system followed by top end N6 and N8 variants with five speed automatic transmission system, Mahindra NuvoSport is speculated to strengthen the position of M&M in Indian car market.
3. Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza: The compact SUV Vitara Brezza by country’s leading car maker MSIL is first vehicle by Indo-Japanese car maker which has been made completely in India and is being exported to International market. Launched with starting price of Rs. 6.99 lakh (ex-showroom price, New Delhi). Vitara Brezza is energized with 1.3 litre four DDiS200 diesel engine boosting the power of 66 kw and torque of 200Nm, and coated with five speed manual gear transmission system. The vehicle adorns bunch of interesting features like driver side airbags as standard feature along with option of dual air bags on different trims. Other features adorned in Vitara Brezza include sautomatic projector headlamps, DRLs, ORVMs, touchscreen infotainment system featuring Apple CarPlay, parking sensors and reverse parking camera.
4. Mahindra KUV100: It seems that domestic car maker has decided to aggressively dominate the Indian car market therefore after launching TUV 300 sometimes in month of November 2015 it has launched its new Mini SUV KUV100 in India with starting price of Rs. 4.42 lakh (ex-showroom price, Pune). Developed completely on new mFalcon engine series comprising of mFlacon G80 1.2 litre engine boosting the power of 82 bhp and torque of 114Nm in petrol trim and D75 1.2 litre CRDi turbocharged diesel engine that churns the power of 77bhp and torque of 190Nm with both engines mated with five speed manual gear transmission system. the KUV 100 is available in overall four trims namely K2, K4, K6 and K8.
5. Maruti Suzuki Baleno: With an objective to wash out the failure of Baleno sedan in Indian car market, the Indo-Japanese car maker MSIL launched Baleno hatchback in India with starting price of Rs. 4.99 lakh (ex-showroom price). The powertrain includes 1.2 litre K12 engine churning the power of 83 bhp which is similar to one offered in Swift hatchback while the diesel bestow 1.3 DDiS diesel engine boosting the power of 73 bhp bestowed from Fiat. Both the engines are mated with five speed manual gear transmission system followed by CVT transmission system.
6. Renault Kwid: Offered as a testing hatchback by French car maker Renault, Kwid was launched to assess the response of Indian car makers. Empowered with 800 cc three cylinder petrol engine Kwid is reported to deliver an average of 25.17 kmpl and is reported to be one of the fuel efficient hatchbacks in Indian car market. It is reported that going through the success enjoyed by Renault Kwid, Renault is going to bring its upgraded version with 1.0 litre engine along with AMT system.