Monday, April 01, 2019
By Manoj Kumawat
Honda Accord 2019: Old vs New
The latest Honda Accord have come up with a sleeker design, updated engine options, new bunch of safety features that separates the ninth and tenth generation of the same Honda Accord.
Highlights of New Honda Accord
- The design of the new Accord will remind you of the latest Civic.
- Tenth-gen Accord is shorter in length but has a longer wheelbase than the ninth-gen model.
- New Accord is also wider than the current model sold in India.
- Engine options include a new 1.5-litre turbocharged VTEC along with the 2.0-litre petrol hybrid.
- New features include a bigger 8-inch touchscreen, wireless charging and remote engine start.
- Tenth-gen Accord gets a bunch of new safety tech from Honda.
- The tenth generation of Honda Accord is for the ASEAN region. The carmaker will reveal soon the launch of all new Honda Accord in India. This model features many changes as compared to its ninth-generation model that was launched in India in 2016. The newest model is expected to launch in India later this year. Here is the comparison of current gen Accord and its successor:
The design forte of new accord is similar to its old version. However, the major and noticeable changes are there in its silhouette and it looks more like a coupe than before. The older version of the car was bit similar to traditional sedan while the new model seamlessly merges with the sloping roofline.
Similar to its old version, the new Honda Accord also 2.0-litre petrol hybrid engine. The same engine configuration is expected to be there in Honda Accord’s new generation model to be launched in India. In Thailand, Honda is offering turbocharged engine that cannot be expected to make it to India.
Fetaures and Safety:
As per the carmakers, “The new tenth-generation Accord gets a free-standing 8-inch infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay. It also gets a HUD (Head Up Display) for the driver along with a 7-inch TFT screen that acts as the instrument cluster. The Accord also gets voice recognition, wireless charging for your smartphone and a remote engine start feature. Both the current and next-gen Accord feature a sunroof”.
As far as safety is concerned the tenth-generation Honda Accord takes safety to the next level with Honda Sensing, a system that comprises of multiple features like Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS), Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow (ACC with LSF), Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS), Road Departure Mitigation System with Lane Departure Warning (RDM with LDW) and Auto High-Beam (AHB) which help in avoiding any mishap on the road. It also gets a Cross Traffic Monitor (CTM) that warns the driver of other vehicles that are present on the left or right of the Accord’s rear end, said sources.
The tenth-generation of Honda Accord is a perfect successor at least on paper. You can further see the improvements in the design and features during its launch. The ninth-gen Accord is priced in India at over Rs 43 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi) and the new model is likely to be priced in the same range.