Monday, February 08, 2016
By Kriti Gupta
Indian Auto Expo 2016: Conceptual cars that will dominate the future car market
The ongoing Indian Auto Expo 2016 is witnessing huge success from all segments of car enthusiasts across the world with more than eighty vehicles displayed during the show, comprising of new launches and upgraded versions of existing vehicles. But, the most important segment which succeeded in impressing the audiences and about which almost every car manufacturer was concerned about their success was showcase of conceptual vehicles which are results of hard work carried by manufacturers. The conceptual vehicles give a glimpse of future vehicles that will exhibit their charisma in coming future and therefore are developed strictly keeping the driving habits of current generation in concern. During the 13th edition of Indian Auto Expo new conceptual vehicles were showcased by car makers giving an idea of the upcoming production models. A brief description of these vehicles is referred below:
1. Maruti Suzuki Ignis: Unveiled during the second day of show Ignis, the compact is one of the highly awaited vehicles in Indian car market and is expected to make its debut during the festive season. The Ignis will be offered in both petrol and diesel variants. In international market it is offered with 1.2 litre petrol engine and mated with CVT transmission system. The Indian bound version of Ignis will be offered with bunch of cosmetic changes on exterior and interior. After launch it will be sold through Nexa dealerships across the country.
2. Maruti Suzuki Baleno RS: Encouraged with the successful launch of Baleno hatchback last year in Indian car market, the Indo-Japanese car maker MSIL also showcased the RS concept of this hatchback. Energized with 1.0 litre turbocharged petrol engine generating the power of 112bhp and torque of 175Nm, the Baleno RS will compete against Volkswagen Polo GT TSI which is enriched with 1.2 litre turbo charged petrol engine.
3. Mahindra XUV Aero: Recently domestic car maker M&M had launched its compact SUV TUV300 and mini compact SUV KUV 100 in Indian car market. During the Auto Expo 2016, the car maker mainly concentrated on display of electronic vehicle e20Sport. Well apart from this the surprising element from car maker was display of XUV Aero, the coupe concept of its upcoming cross-over which has been developed with dynamic and aggressive looks. The design of Aero has been developed at company’s design studio located in Mumbai.
4. Mahindra e2o Sport: As referred above during the show domestic car maker mainly emphasised on display of its electronic car e2oSport. The worth mentioning feature this electronic car from domestic car maker is that apart from being eco-friendly vehicle is that it does not carry the conventional looks which existing electronic cars carry. The e2oSport embellishes body kit and rear spoiler followed by thick tyres, race-spec steering wheel, six-point harnesses and racing bucket seat.
Read More: Indian Auto Expo 2016 Day 2: Recent updates from Pavilion of M&M
5. Renault Eolab: It is an universal truth that the design developed by French car maker Renault is not seen in the designs developed by Japanese car makers and therefore eyes of car enthusiast are always still on Renault whenever it brings a conceptual vehicle. Endorsed to deliver fuel efficient performance of 100 kmph the Eolab in true sense reveal company’s concept that will be used in its cars till 2020. With an objective to achieve this objective the car maker will make use of minimum weight, redefine the aerodynamic style using company’s Z.E hybrid technology.
6. Datsun Go+ Crossover: Developed on same platform used for developed Go and Go+ hatchback and MPV, the Go+ Crossover by subsidiary of Japanese car maker Nissan Motors is going to be launched sometimes during the second half of this year in Indian car market.
7. Hyundai Carlino: Codenamed as HND-14, the compact crossover by Korean maker was an eye catcher at the pavilion of HMIL. Being launched with an objective to compete with Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and Ford EcoSport, the HND 14 physically measures less than 4 meter in length.
New Renault Duster unveiled in India @ 2016 Auto Expo
Indian Auto Expo 2016: Day 1 Remaining Highlights