Wednesday, February 03, 2016
By Manoj Kumawat
Indian Auto Expo 2016: Day 1 Remaining Highlights
The Day 1 of 2016 Indian auto Expo has started with a blast with major car makers showcasing and launching their cars. Some of the big launches of the day are Maruti Suzuki Vitara, Hyundai Tucson, Jaguar XE, Honda BR-V, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and Toyota Innova Crysta.
List of vehicles unveiled on Day 1 are:
1. Mercedes-Benz S-Class Cabriolet: The German automaker Mercedes-Benz today unveiled its first 4-seater luxury S class Cabriolet. Mechanically the open top four-seater is powered by 4663cc V8 engine acquired from S-Class Coupe generating the power of 453bhp and a peak torque of 700Nm.
2. Mercedes-Benz GLC SUV: The Indian arm of german carmaker Mercedes-Benz has unveiled the GLC class at the on-going 2016 Indian Auto Expo. The GLC class SUV is likely to arrive in Indian Car market this year and is expected to be priced in the range of Rs. 40 Lakh. Under the hood SUV is powered by 1911cc engine equipped with 9-speed automatic transmission system.
3. Volkswagen Passat GTE: Promoted as the environment-friendly sedan, Volkswagen India has unveiled Passat GTE at Auto Expo 2016. The sedan is powered by 1.4 litre petrol engine, coupled to an electric motor generating the power of 154 bhp.
4. Volkswagen Ameo: Unveiled 1 day before the start of 2016 Auto Expo, the Indian compact sedan was displayed to media at the Volkswagen Pavilion. The compact sedan is powered by same engine configurations as offered in Polo i.e. 1.2 litre MPI petrol and 1.5 litre TDI diesel engine.
5. Volkswagen Tiguan: Apart from unveiling Volkswagen Passat GTE and Volkswagen Ameo the Indian arm of german carmaker also unveiled its Tiguan SUV at ongoing 2016 Delhi Auto Expo. Designed on Volkswagen Group’s Modularer Querbaukasten (MQB) platform the SUV is powered by 2.0 litre diesel mill equipped with 7-speed DSG gearbox. Premium SUV from Volkswagen will be launched in India around Q3 and is expected to be priced around Rs. 25 Lakh.
6. Renault KWID: The Indian arm of French automaker Renault has introduced two new variants of KWID, i.e. 1.0-litre engine and an AMT Easy-R transmission. Apart from this carmaker also showcased two new trims of KWID namely Renault Kwid Climber and Renault Kwid Racer.
7. Datsun Go-Cross concept: Datsun the low-cost car brand of Nissan, unveiled the Datsun Go Cross concept at Indian Auto Expo. Designed on existing GO+ MPV platform, the SUV is powered by 1.2-litre petrol engine that belts out power of 67bhp and peak torque of 104Nm.
8. Datsun RediGO: Second vehicle unveiled by Datsun India at 2016 Auto Expo is Datsun RediGo. Based on the same CMF-A platform on which the Renault Kwid is built, the small car also carries same 0.8-litre, 3-cylinder unit boosting the power of 67bhp and torque of 104Nm.
9. Jeep: Jeep, the American SUV carmaker, finally makes it Indian debut with its three iconic models namely The Wrangler Unlimited, Grand Cherokee, and the Grand Cherokee SRT.
The Wrangler Unlimited is powered by 2.8-litre diesel engine generating the power of 197bhp equipped to a five-speed automatic gearbox, whereas Grand Cherokee is powered by a 3.0-litre V6 diesel engine, boosting the power of 237bhp and is mated to an eight-speed ZF gearbox.
10. Honda BR-V: One of the biggest attractions from Honda at 2016 Auto Expo was unveil of Honda BR-V. Slated to be launch in the middle of 2016, the seven-seater will be available in both Petrol and Diesel engine unit boosting the power of 99 bhp and a 200 Nm of torque. The Petrol engine will be available with CVT transmission equipped with 5-speed gearbox.
11. Honda Accord: Apart from the unveil of Honda BR-V, Japanese carmaker also unveiled the 9th generation model of Honda Accord. The facelifted model will be powered by 2.0L four cylinder i-VTEC petrol engine generating the power of 139 bhp and a peak torque of 122 Nm.
12. Toyota Innova Crysta: Prior to Indian launch, the japenese carmaker Toyota Motors has showcased the next-gen Innova named as 'Innova Crysta' at the ongoing 2016 Auto Expo. The popular MPV will be powered by two engine variants, i.e. 2.4-litre diesel engine which churns power of 148PS and peak torque of 360Nm and a 2.0-litre VVT-i engine boosts the power of 139PS and 189Nm of peak torque.
Lastly, Stay tuned with us for more news and updates from 2016 Indian Auto Expo.
Indian Auto Expo 2016: Major attractions at the stand of Tata Motors
Indian Auto Expo 2016: Jaguar XE Debuts with price tag of Rs. 39.90 Lakh