Friday, December 18, 2015
By Manoj Kumawat
Indian Auto Expo 2016: Some expected attractions to grab your attention at first instance
International Auto Shows across the world have gained huge popularity among car enthusiasts. These auto shows not only provide a strong platform to renowned international car makers throughout the world to showcase their upcoming and conceptual vehicles. But these auto shows on contrary also reveal the extent of creativity which the team of expert engineers working with them exhibit in the car models showcased during the show. Indian Auto Expo is also one of a prestigious auto show’s which has grabbed the attention of car lovers since its inception in 1986.
A tidbit about Indian Auto Expo is that every time its organization sets a new benchmark for next Auto Expo. The 13th edition of Indian Auto Expo is slated to be held during the first week of February 2016 from February 4th to 7th at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi. Alike erstwhile Indian Auto Expo’s it is speculated that in its 13th version also the show will steal the hearts of audiences coming to show with new launches and conceptual cars. Although clearer picture will get clear at the time of the show, but still there are some cars which have already grabbed the attention towards them due to lots of news and rumors already published about them at different platforms. Going through all these speculations let us have a glimpse of cars that will showcase their charm during the show:
1. Maruti Suzuki Ignis: Showcased already during the Tokyo Motor Show 2015, Indo-Japanese car maker are going to showcase the Ignis during the Indian Auto Expo 2016 to know the reaction of Indian buyers towards Ignis. It is speculated that the car would be launched either at the end of next year or in the beginning of 2017.
2. Chevrolet Spin: The proposed MPV, Spin by U.S. car maker General Motors has made its appearance among audiences in Indian car market earlier this year. Now it is rumored that MPV will be launched during the Indian Auto Expo and after launch it will compete against Maruti Suzuki Ertiga, Renault Lodgy and Honda Mobilio.
3. Datsun G0-Cross: After successful launch of Go and Go+ hatchback and MPV respectively in Indian car market, the subsidiary of Japanese auto giant Nissan Motors, the Datsun is reported to showcase its third product of this bucket in form of a crossover. Developed on the platform of GO+ MPV, Go-Cross has been showcased by car maker during Tokyo Motor Show.
4. Production concept of Datsun Redi-Go: Apart from Go-Cross the Japanese car maker Datsun will also showcase the production version of its Redi-Go concept during the Auto Expo. Codenamed as I2 the conceptual vehicle from car maker is developed on CMF-A platform and will be the smallest car from the maker.
5. Honda BR-V: To be offered in both petrol and diesel versions empowered with 1.5 litre engine configurations and mated with six speed manual gear transmission system, the Japanese car maker will showcase BR-V during the show and will launch the same sometimes during the middle of next year.
6. Facelift Renault Duster: Introduction of Duster was a new beginning in the compact SUV segment of cars in Indian car market. The success of Duster can be witnessed from the fact that despite of almost four years after its launch the new compact SUV’s that are launched in market are developed to compete against it. With an objective to retain the charm of this compact SUV among audiences French car maker is going to reveal the facelift version of Duster during the Indian Auto Expo 2016. According to reports apart from various cosmetic changes car maker will also introduce an Automated Manual Transmission (AMT) also in top end variant.
7. Tata Zica hatchback: Earlier promoted as Kite, the new hatchback from domestic car maker Tata Motors has been in limelight since its concept was showcased during the last Indian Auto Expo 2014. To be offered in both petrol and diesel engines, the hatchback would be launched in Indian car market during the second half of 2016.